Guide to a safe diving holiday:
- Buy a diving and health insurance prior to your arrival.
- Listen carefully to all dive briefings given by instructors and dive within safe limits.
- PADI is the largest diver training organization in the world and all of its professional members work within rigidly defined safety standards.
- Do not dive under the effects of alcohol, tiredness, substances, sickness, dehydration and some prescription medicines.
- If you have any doubts about your fitness then discuss it with the dive staff.
- All dive professionals have first aid training.
- All boats and diving equipment are regularly serviced.
- There is an Hyperbaric chamber (or re-compression chamber) at the Semporna navy base.
- Contact DAN (Divers Alert Network): Malaysia: +605-930 4114 and +61-8-8212 9242 (hotline).
Emergency Contact Numbers:
Semporna Office: +6089782334
Basaron mobile: +60128650131
Aini mobile: +60128385809
DAN Malaysia Emergency: 059304114
DAN Hotline: +61 882129242
Semporna navy base – Decompression Chamber: +6089785101
Semporna Hospital: +6089781695
Clinic Syed: +6089781811
Dive Physician (Labuan): +60124010598
Lost at sea:
Marine Police Semporna: +6089782020 Ext 2914
Marine Police Sandakan: +6089226395
Semporna Police: +6089781222